Originally built in 1497 by one of the branches of the Clan Campbell, only to be destroyed 16 years later. It was not rebuilt until the mid 19th century and not as a castle. The property is now really just a mansion house and holds no particular or at least significant interest to the castle bagger.
There are however some sculptured stones of ancient origin which have been found in various parts of the estate and put on display near Kilberry castle on the old site of St Barr's chapel of which unfortunately nothing remains.
The nearest village is Kilberry, the nearest small town is Tarbert